No one wants to think about having to call a plumber. That’s why many plumbers are only called when there’s a big problem and a homeowner has no choice in the matter. This is especially true when there’s a problem with the sewer line.
Benefits of Choosing A Sewer Camera Inspection
Problems in the sewer line can be expensive and messy. Many times, minutes count when diagnosing a problem. That’s why many plumbers suggest a sewer camera inspection.
Below are four benefits of this type of inspection.
- You Get the Right Fix – This type of inspection shows exactly what is wrong. This way the plumber will can choose the fix that’s right for the problem.
- You see It for Yourself – You’ll be able to watch the operation on the screen. This way you know what you’re dealing with and that the plumber’s being honest.
- It Saves Time and Money – Since the plumber knows the problem quickly, they can get working on the fix immediately. This will help you save money on other diagnostics and save precious time when minutes can count.
- You Learn How to Prevent Blockages – Sometimes the blockages can be due to mistakes and bad habits. When you see what caused the blockage, you learn what can be done to prevent it in the future.
Now that you know its benefits, we’ll look at the common problems that this type of inspection finds.
4 Common Problems Found by A Camera Sewer Inspection
Infiltration of Tree Roots – This often happens with old cast iron, clay or other types of porous pipes. The roots look for water sources. If they find a cracked pipe, they’ll grow so that they can reach the water.
Broken, Collapsed or Cracked Pipes – The camera will go through the pipe. A plumber will be able to tell if the pipe itself has a problem quickly.
Huge Blockages – Sometimes you have pipes that are fine, but you’ve been flushing the wrong things. Many times, a plumber will find buildups of paper, grease and other types of gunk. Not only can it cause water backup, but it can lead to costly repairs.
Below are things that can cause blockages.
- Coffee grinds
- Egg shells
- Cooking oil
- Food fat
- Stickers from jars and bottles
- Corrosive liquids and solvents
- Cleaning products
- Paper towels
- Animal feces
- Feminine hygiene products
- Baby wipes
- Dental floss
- Cotton swabs
- Cigarette butts
- Cat litter
- Cooking grease
Bellied or Sagging Sewer Lines – Sometimes a camera will find sagging sewer pipes. This causes waste to become trapped in that bellied section and leads to a block.
Sewer problems should be addressed as soon as possible. Not only can they cause backups, but they can also damage your home. Putting an inspection off can not only make the problem worse but lead to expensive repairs.
We’re glad to help you with your sewer problems. We have been helping your friends and neighbors for many years. If you have a problem with your sewer and want a sewer camera inspection, give us a call.
We will come out and evaluate the problem. We’ll then talk with you and tell you your options. We offer up-front pricing so you’re never surprised when the bill comes.
Give us a call today. We have been serving the Twin Cities area for over 75 years and have seen everything. We’re ready to come out and help you with your sewer and drain problems.
Don’t take a chance with the health and safety of your family. Call us now!