Roof Drain Cleaning Twin Cities
Your roof draining system is very important because it ensures that water can escape the roof of your building. Whether your roof is flat or it is sloped, you have got to have a draining system that is clear of debris so that you don’t have bigger problems in the future.
At S.O.S. Drain & Sewer Cleaning Services, we provide roof drain cleaning services that will ensure your roof drain does its job. If it becomes clogged, it can’t do what it was made to do. The end result could be you paying for roof repairs or other damages that you never expected to have. That is why it is also good to have our Minneapolis & St. Paul drain & sewer cleaning company establish a maintenance plan with you that ensures the ongoing care of your roof drain so that you can prevent problems.
Preventing Expensive Roof Problems
When a flat roof has standing water on it for a while, there are a number of things that can occur. They include:
- The deterioration of tar products.
- Caulking loses its adhesive properties.
- Skylight corners, vent pipes, and chimneys can become weak and leaks can occur.
- Debris can collect in the ponding and that can cause plants to grow on the roof. This means their roots can infiltrate the roof, causing leaks.
- Mosquitoes are able to breed on the roof.
- The pooled water can freeze in the winter and that can place more weight on the roof.
- If the pooled water is deeper than two inches, it can cause stress on the roof. This stress could cause wood rafters to bow over time. As this bowing occurs, the pond becomes deeper.
As you can see, it is imperative that the roof have sufficient drainage so that the above issues do not occur. If they do, the roof damages can be very expensive.
Quality Roof Draining Cleaning
You would be amazed at what can collect inside a roof drain. Because it is outside on top of the roof, all of the debris that collects on the roof is washed into that drain when it rains or when ice and snowmelt. This includes leaves, dirt, and anything that can manage to blow on top of the roof. Over time, it gets rather gunky and has to be cleared away.
At S.O.S., we are committed to ensuring a thorough clean so that your drain is clear and runs properly. From there, we can work with you to establish a maintenance program that ensures those drains stay clear so that you don’t have roof damage to deal with in the future.
Contact A Minneapolis & St. Paul Drain & Sewer Cleaning Company
The roof drain to your commercial establishment is very important in that it ensures that water does not pool on your roof. Water that pools on the roof can eventually seep through and cause damage inside. At S.O.S. Drain & Sewer Cleaning Services, we will clean your roof drains so you can minimize the chances of roof leaks. To learn more about our services, call the Anoka office at 763-413-4720, the St. Paul office at 651-645-8383, the Bloomington office at 952-835-7677, or the Minnetonka office at 763-559-9050 today.